Monday, October 15, 2007

Lagunitas

Thursday was supposed to be a Lagunitas event, which I'd travel many miles for, but there ended up being a single beer on tap and the rep seeking to drown his sorrows at the reschedule. The beer was Hop Stoopid, which was of course excellent (What can I say? They're still my favorite brewery, though I acknowledge they may not be the best brewery). Hoppy, balanced, dangerously drinkable. Seeing it referred to as a 'farmhouse IPA' explains things pretty well: imagine an overly-hopped farmhouse ale, made dark and thick but still with the creamy head, and you've got this beer. I'm impressed: Lagunitas is making some world-class stuff now.

A couple of these were joined over the course of an increasingly blurry night by the Bear Republic Racer 5 and the Weyerbacher Simcoe.

No comments: